Wednesday, September 19, 2007

They may not have been lost, but I found THEM!!

Shaun and I have picked up a fun hobby--genealogy! At the beginning of the year, when life was going a little slower, we would put the kids to bed and search on the computer for our ancestors together. It has been so much fun. We must have started fooling around about a year and a half ago with a program called "Family Tree Maker" and Ancestry.com. We entered as much info as we had on our living and deceased relatives and we had a nice small tree. Then we just search on various sites and find tons of amazing info. This week we hit a milestone in our tree--we now have entered 2800 names in our family tree! YIPPEE! It has been fun and we've hit a few stumbling blocks but it's an interesting puzzle!

On Sunday I came home from visiting with my parents and I checked my e-mail. Out of the clear blue a post I made online in January was answered! I was sooooo excited! I was having a hard time finding my Great-Great Grandfather Letendre's information. I knew his name was Hector Letendre and he was born in May 1871 in MA. That's pretty much all I had. This e-mail I got told me that his birthday was May 3--the same as mine and it listed his parents and some additional information and some different resources to explore. After I had that piece of the puzzle, I was able to trace them back to the 1600's. Fun, fun, fun! i can't wait to explore some more!!!!

Sometime maybe we'll get organized and post a website with all our finds! In the meantime if anyone has any family genealogy info. please share! :)

1 comment:

Mansfield Family said...

Wow Crystal & Shaun that is great we are excited to look at it someday!