Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

With today being Good Friday, I want to take a minute to reflect on the Atonement of my Savior Jesus Christ. This month as I took some time to ponder and read about Jesus Christ, I read an article that I loved The Atonement of Jesus Christ by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. Some of you may have read it, but if you'd like you can pull up this article by clicking on the previous link. I loved how this article started out by an account of a dream of being with the Savior while he suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane. Toward the end of the dream Elder Orson F. Whitney (the missionary acounting the dream) stood with the Savior, and Peter, James and John and he spoke to the Savior and the Savior spoke to him. The missionary begged the Savior to take him with Him. The Savior replied, "No, my son; these have finished their work, and they may go with me; but you must stay and finish yours." The missionary then asked, "Well, promise me that I will come to You at the last." The Savior smiled sweetly and tenderly and replied: "That will depend entirely upon yourself." This dream account made the Atonement more personal to me. As we think about Jesus Christ and the Atonement this weekend, and always, may we remember that Christ has done his part and that the rest depends upon ourselves...

I'm grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and his awesome example we have to follow. I'm grateful He would give His life for me (us). I'm grateful for my family and for the privilege I have to teach my children of Him each day. I pray that I will be able to live my life so that I can live with Him and my Father in Heaven when my work here on this earth is finished.

No comments: