Monday, April 28, 2008

TV Turnoff Week RESULTS!!

WE DID IT!!!!
We survived "TV Turnoff Week"! I am so proud of Christopher and Anneli (and myself and Shaun too!) We did it! Okay, we only went Monday thru Friday with NO TV--but we didn't really watch much this weekend either. It was nice to see them play together and find other things to do when they got bored or tired--that's when they usually turn the TV on. I will admit, when they start to get on my nerves at let's say 4pm it is nice to say, "Go and relax and turn on the TV."...am I a bad mother?? It saves my sanity! I really missed watching the morning shows in the early morning, the news at 5-6pm and then relaxing at night with Shaun watching a show alone and then the news before bed. Yeah...I guess that's a lot of TV...UGH! Here's my excuse--"I pay a fortune for cable and I'm going to get my money's worth!" Alright, I guess we don't need to watch so much TV. Summer is coming though and we do watch less. It does make you think... Anyways, Way to go guys! We did it!
Here are some TV FACTS.
How many people are in the average American household? 2.55
How many televisions do they have? 2.73
We are a society of more televisions than people!
50% of American homes have at least 3 televisions or more19% of homes have only 1.
In 1975 only 11% of US households had more than 3 TVs…and 57% only had 1!
How many TV's do you have in your household?
We have 3.
The average American home has the television on for well over 8 hours every day.
I hope to think we don't have our on that much...
That is an hour more than just a decade ago.
The average American watches 4 hours and 35 minutes of television each day.
I think we average a little less...
Young people 12-17 years of age increased their television viewing by 3% just this year…a pretty big increase in just 12 months.
Teenage girls have dramatically increased their television viewing late at night and early in the morning…maybe they just don’t sleep anymore?
Chris & Anneli will never have a TV in their room!

No comments: