Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TV Turnoff Week

This week, from April 21-27th is
We as a family decided to give it a try!
UGH--it's not going to be easy...

It was really hard last night to NOT turn on the TV to watch some mindless show before bed. We were out late getting Christopher's soccer cleats and then we went to Friendly's for supper and ice cream. When we got home Anneli wanted to watch TV before bed. We said no and decided to go upstairs to their bedroom to read--where there is no Television so we wouldn't be tempted! It was early to bed for everyone!!

So far today--it's 1:50pm--we haven't turned the TV on. This morning Christopher asked me, "what do we do when you are in the shower, since we usually watch TV?" I think he thought I'd tell him to go ahead and watch it, but I didn't! I told him he could play a learning game on the computer with Anneli. Since he left for school Anneli has been playing with her doll house and hasn't asked for the television. YIPPEE!! After I'm done on the computer, I think we might throw in a load of laundry and then go outside and do some yard work--or I might turn on the television... This evening will be the hardest though...Shaun and I like to relax before bed watching House on Tuesday night and then the news....UGH! We can do it! Wish us luck!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

fyi, House moved to Monday nights and it will be brand spankin' new this coming monday! Enjoy!