Thursday, May 8, 2008

Awwww....Soup Mem Soup--EWWWW---OLD Soup Mem Soup.

This is "Soup Mem", my Memere. {Grandmother} "Soup Mem" got her name because when the kids were little she used to make them her special SOUP---chicken, carrots and rice! Yummm! All the kids (Christopher, Cole, Carter & Anneli) LOVED it, so they called her Soup Mem and the name stuck. Even though she has been battling Colon Cancer for maybe a year and a half (I think...time flies I could be wrong!) and moved to upstate New York last year and hasn't made "Soup Mem Soup" in a long time the kids all still know her as "Soup Mem".

Anyway, today I was cleaning out my food storage cabinets and I found these way in the back....
Yes, two old jars of "Soup Mem Soup". The kids knew exactly what it was, but they knew it was old! They commented, "That doesn't look right, Mom. It's really old--ewwwww, it stinks!" It made me think...how old is this soup...


Well, this picture was taken on April 17, 2006--so the jars could be almost 2 years old---Ewwwww! Nevertheless it brought back a ton of memories! They both loved "Soup Mem Soup". I've tried to make it, it's good, but it's different! Maybe, just maybe Soup Mem will tell me her soup secrets so I can continue the tradition and maybe one day, just maybe, I can carry on the tradition and make Soup Mem Soup and be called "Soup Mem" (a name held in high regard) by my future grandchildren!
We love you Soup Mem and hope you are doing well! We can't wait to see you on the 24th! We miss you! :)

No comments: