Thursday, September 25, 2008

Stay-at-Home-Mom?! Yeah right!!

Today was one of those days when I think, stay-at-home-mom....yeah right! I hardly ever get to stay at home! Today was one of those days. Last night, Shaun and I attended the 65th Opening of the Hartford Symphony Orchestra. I love getting all dressed up and going to the symphony with Shaun. It was a much needed date! The kids stayed with Aunt Valerie and my parents and ended up sleeping over. It was a very nice evening! Thanks Aunt Valerie, Mom & Dad!

I woke up this morning and brought Christopher's lunch and snack to him school. I then raced to pick up Anneli who was still with Aunt Valerie. Next, Anneli and I ran off to visit a lady from church. Then we quickly ate lunch together and off she went to school. Next I raced off to Christopher's school to pick him up early, since it was a shortened day.
My Thursday afternoon date.

I had promised him that we would have a "date", since it was only he and I this afternoon. He chose his favorite ice cream spot, Pralines". He LOVES their Cotton Candy Flavor Burst ice cream.

YUMMMM...


After our 'date', we headed to pick up Aunt Valerie and drove her to the bus station in Hartford so she could go and visit Johann and go to some Law School forum thing in New York.

**sigh**Now, I'm resting for a few minutes, at my parents house, waiting for my mom to come back with my children--she picked up Anneli from school and then took them to the car wash. Then I'll be off and running again in a few to Open House at Christopher's school. I haven't been home all day!! So much for a nice home cooked dinner, laundry and washing the floor! Man, I need a chef and a housekeeper...did I mention chef!?

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Glad you were able to go to the symphony! Let me know next time you want to go- i get free tickets for every concert!