Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Review

This weekend I went to Deseret Book's Time Out for Women with a few friends from Church in Springfield, Massachusetts. I wasn't going to go this year, but a bunch of ladies were going to go and I thought it would be fun to go with them. I left the kids with Mom after school on Friday and off I went to meet up with my friends. We had fun enjoying each other's company and listening to the speakers. I enjoyed Friday nights speaker Kim Nelson the best. Kim Nelson, a man, is a professional counselor specializing in marriage and family relationships, who was quite informative and funny! I also enjoyed the fact that he sang a few times with Michael McLean to break up his lecture a bit.



On Saturday morning, I was sitting in the hall and I felt prompted to check my cell phone. I had a text message from Shaun, "Soccer shoes?" Oh man! The soccer shoes were in my car, which was parked at the church...oops! My spare keys were....in my church bag...in my car... OOPPS! Shaun was heading to the Boy Scout office and then they were going to have stop and buy Christopher new shin guards, he was going to have to wear his sneakers for the game. They were quite calm about the whole thing, thankfully! I thought I was a good Mom having his shirt all clean with his ball (which was in the car) ready on the stairs for him with the time of the game written down for Shaun. I totally forgot the cleats and shin pads that were left in the car from practice the other night! Oh well.
Christopher's first Fall 2008 Soccer Game--on the new soccer field!


When I got home later that evening, Shaun was outside cutting the HUGE shrubs in between our neighbors home and ours. Even after living here for 6 years, we aren't sure who's shrubs they are, but since we are probably the most capable, we cut the shurbs that border our property on both sides. It can be a lot of work!

We got the kids cleaned up and dressed and off to dinner with Mom, Dad and Valerie. Valerie picked Agave Grill in Southington. The atmosphere was great and the mexican food was yummy! Everyone, even the kids enjoyed it! YIPPEE! The best part was, the kids fell asleep in the car on the way home, which was great because Shaun wasn't feeling well and I was totally exhausted!

Sunday, we got up early and headed off to church, as usual. Then we spent the day at my parents. Christopher was pretty excited because there are a lot of kids in my parents neighborhood that are his age, so he spent the afternoon playing with them as we sat outside watching. It was good for Christopher, since there are NO kids around in our neighborhood! <>

As usual, another busy weekend for the St. Lawrence family! :)

No comments: