Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Day to Remember...

Today was my father, Don Letendre, and his sister, my Aunt, Donna's Birthday. They are not twins. My dad was born in 1955 and Aunt Donna was born in 1962. Then on that same date, December 23rd, in 1989, my father's other sister Diane had a little girl named Laurie. What an exciting day! Christopher came close to being born on the 23rd of December, but he waited and was born on Christmas Eve! :)

December 23rd has always been an important day in the Letendre history, we never thought there would be more to add...

Today, December 23, 2010, my Memere, Bernice Dora Bouchard Letendre Surprenant, passed away after a long, courageous battle with cancer. It was very sad, but at the same time a bit of a relief. She has been suffering for some time with cancer. She was one of the strongest women I know. She never complained, even at the end, when she had to have been in some extreme pain!
We love you "Soup Mem" and are grateful that you are no longer in pain or discomfort. We love you and will never forget you! Hopefully I can make some "Soup Mem Soup" someday that tastes just like yours! The kids think it'll be impossible, but I'm going to try!

Here are a few photos from a slide show I put together. I'm so grateful for the memories...
















No comments: