Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Colorful Day!

Today we got started a little late, but it was nice to take our time and relax!  Isn't that what summer vacation is all about!?  We decided to to jump in the mini-van and go to the Crayola Experience Museum in Easton, Pennsylvania.  It was a fun day.  The museum is full of hands on craft activities for the kids to do. We decorated turtles with melted crayons.  We saw how they made crayons and markers and even got to take home a freshly made red crayons andorange  markers.  We also got some model magic clay---one of Christopher's favorites.  The kids didn't use it at the museum, they decided to bring it home and create a larger project with additional clay they purchased at the gift shop.  One of the coolest exhibits, I thought, was the Doodle in the Dark.  It was pretty cool.  We were able to draw or write on their giant glow boards.  I'd LOVE to have one of those at home!  Shaun was checking out how they were made....I'd love one!  :)  It was a great day!  I've always wanted to check it out when we come to town each year, but we just never got around to it.  I'm glad we did this time, with Shaun.  Even Shaun, Memere, and I had fun!  :)


**Stay tuned for pictures--I will upload these when I get home! **

No comments: