Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dumpster Diving!?!



Yes, that is a bear dumpster diving just feet away from us on our resort property!  Pepere spotted the bear after taking a walk--right by the dumpster--with the kids!  We thought he was joking, but then we saw it!  The bear was playing peek-a-boo with us and then he just climbed right into the dumpster to check out the trash.  He was a pretty good sized bear--maybe 300 pounds or so.  We have often been warned about bears here around the Lake, but we never saw one on the resort property.  Last year we saw a bear and two cubs crossing the road, but other than that we usually just see deer, tons and tons of deer.  It was pretty cool. 

**I will post additional photos when I get home.  The above photo is a cell phone picture of a photo on my camera!  I just couldn't wait to share it!!**

I guess Christopher & Anneli won't be putting the trash out this week!

No comments: