Saturday, October 20, 2012

Harvest Time at OSV


This morning, we decided to take a trip to Old Sturbridge Village in good old Sturbridge, Massachusetts.  The kids weren't exactly thrilled, but I love it there!  It reminds me of my childhood, when my mom used to take us there to walk around and sometimes just get cookies!  :)  Shaun had never been so I thought the fall is a wonderful time to go and explore the Village.
 It was Harvest time so they were pressing apples...
 The kids got a chance to try out a hand apple press....lots of work to get apple cider...
 The kids also made an apple pomander.  It's an apple with cloves and cinnamon.  It sure smelled great!!!

 Here are my city kids fooling around in the barn, pretending to milk a cow.
 Here I am making a broom...

 Check it out!  Here is the broom I made.  I think it will go PERFECT with my annual Halloween Witch Costume!
 Here is a picture of Anneli reading in the school house!  I love her outfit that she decided to wear this morning!  :)
 The beautiful OSV Covered Bridge with the beautiful colors of fall all around us...
 The kids getting a little crazy...
 The kids carding wool.  It sure kept them quiet for a little while.  I think we may need to buy some sheep....  ;)
It was a great day to explore the Village as a family.  I can't wait to take them back when it's cold and snowy...they will LOVE it!  :)

No comments: