Friday, January 25, 2008

HELP--I'm HOOKED!

My name is Crystal and I'm addicted to SEWING!! I enjoy going into JoAnn Fabrics to rummage through the bright, vibrant, colorful fabrics and select the special ones to bring home for my next project—even if I don’t know what that is!! I know Dad, impulsive shopping--but it's fun!!

Last weekend Shaun took me to JoAnn’s and I bought a bunch of purple fabrics that I thought were sooooo pretty! I'm going to do some kind of Pretty Purple Patchwork Charm Quilt with those I think...I'm not 100% sure, I'm still trying to get Christopher's Mix-n-Match Patchwork rows stiched together--but the pretty purple fabrics were calling my name!

Here are some pictures of the two patchworks I'm working on for Anneli and Christopher. Anneli's princess patchwork piecing part (say that three times fast!) is finished and ready to be quilted. I just have to sew the 8 rows together and the border for Christophers patchwork. His fabrics were very random and bright--but he picked them out himself!


Sewing is a fun hobby and very rewarding to see when it's almost done! I can't wait to see the kids all wrapped up in them! Fun, fun, fun!!

What will I make next......

2 comments:

Rae said...

I love your projects! I still have not made any more progress on JK's quilt. My SIL believes that you can never have too much fabric. I think you might agree with her!

Lady Di said...

Love the purple materials. great job on your quilts. It is such a nice feeling as you complete a project and look forward to the next. I just finished a cross stitch for my SIL.