Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 2 of February Vacation--

After breakfast, showering, and other household tasks, we loaded the crock-pot and took a quick trip to Target! I hate going there, only getting a few items and spending a fortune! Are prices going up or is it me!? We grabbed two birthday gifts; one for a friend of Christophers and another for our nephew/cousin Alex. Next we raced home to have lunch.
Anneli drank from her Princess cup and ate her favorite Dora Soup from her Princess Bowl.

Christopher wrapped the presents.
We then spent some time enjoying the beautiful winter day. We blew bubbles with Anneli's new Cinderella Bubble Blowing Machine. Yes, she's into Disney Princesses if you can't tell! :) Then I packed Anneli into the stroller and we treked to the Post Office to mail Alexander's Birthday Present to New Hampshire!

It was a little windy, but it felt good to get out and walk with the kids. Christopher walked all the way there and then he got a lift back. Lazy bum! (He's hiding because he's a little embarassed to be in the carriage, but it didn't stop him! He rode in it the entire way home!)


We got home and Christopher constructed a LEGO Police Helicopter with a little help from me and Anneli.

Next was Craft Time. We made Easter Cards! (Since Easter is only a little over a month away!) I gave the kids 7 shapes and we had to make a rabbit with them. (Tangram Puzzle) I gave Christopher a sample to guide him and we did it!!

Christopher's rabbit was lying down.

Anneli's Rabbit was standing up!

Here are the finished products!

Anneli had so much fun she made six of them in a row. I helped her with the first two and by the third time she could do it on her own! Fun, fun, fun!

By that time we scurried around to pick up toys. Shaun arrived home and our Crock-Pot BBQ Pork was done! Thank goodness---what will we do tomorrow!???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a great vacation! I love the tangram rabbit cards idea. I may have to use that one myself!

Ashley said...

Awesome stuff! My kids wish they were out of school this week (I am guiltily happy they aren't :) )
Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could find you too!
You are an awesome Mom!