Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Still Sewing...

So I thought I'd be brave and try something different. My past two patchwork quilts were the same pattern--Yellow Brick Road. I was getting to be a pro at that patter but I wanted something new and different for my pretty purple prints. I decided to do a type of Charm Quilt and make my own pattern. I chose my shape, a half hexagon. I started ironing my pretty purple prints and cutting them out.


Then I tested out a few different ways I could sew them together. I tried a triangle, two hexagon patterns, and some random half-hexagon mumbo jumbo. UGH!! It's a little harder than I thought! I'm having some issues with the Y seams!

I don't want to give up, but I'm was hoping to sew this small lap quilt for my sister Valerie's birthday this month! If I want to get it done I think I'm going to have to change my pattern to this simple half-hexagons in rows. The more I look at it---I like it! I guess I'll have to challenge myself some other time!

2 comments:

Susan said...

what pretty designs. I hope you find one that you love and will work for you. They are all really nice. I esp. like the triangles, but if it doesn't work, go with something that does. good luck!

Rae said...

You are such an inspiration! I STILL have not started JK's quilt. Thanks for giving me the push I need! Good luck on finishing yours on time!