Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tribute to Our Good Friend Speedy.

This morning when I woke up I noticed that our dear pet goldfish Speedy wasn't too speedy. Poor thing was sort of hanging out in the bottom of the tank upside down. He was alive and breathing but he wasn't doing too well. This afternoon I noticed that he did indeed die. I didn't tell the kids, but I called Shaun. We were going to talk to the kids when he got home. So much for that plan. At about 5pm Christopher noticed that he died. He came to me crying and crying. Poor kid. He was (and still is) very upset. I asked the kids if they'd like to write something on the blog in sort of a tribute to their dear friend Speedy, this is what they said.

"Today our friend, Speedy, our Gold Fish died. We are sad--he was a good fish and a good friend. He swam fast like Lightning McQueen. I liked it when he spun around his cage. We will miss him. I miss my friend Speedy..." By Christopher.

"He is dead. Speedy fell down and died. I love Speedy. Poor Speedy. Is he dead? Why he died mommy? I want to get another Speedy." by Anneli

Our Loyal Friend Speedy

2 comments:

Rae said...

I would like to express condolences from all of us Evans'. So, are you going to get another Speedy? Or maybe upgrade to a puppy?! That's what Kenners is begging for........

Crystal said...

We did go get another fish even though Christopher said that he was done with fish and he needed a kitten! I told him he had to talk to his father! Is Kenners going to get a puppy!?!?