Friday, July 25, 2008

No Swimming, No Camp...I"M BORED!!!

This is the first thing I heard from Christopher's mouth yesterday when he woke up and saw that it was raining AGAIN and that swimming lessons and camp would be canceled AGAIN! "I'm bored! What are we going to do!?" UGH! I hate to say it, I thought, fun, fun, fun for me! Here is what we did to keep busy.

We started off the day by returning library books at the public library. I LOVE to read, but I hate to say that I'm not a big fan of the library. I'm not sure why, my mom always took me when I was little, but I'm a HUGE fan of bookstores! Anyways, we went to the library and the kids each picked out 5 books to borrow. They played a little with some toys, we read a few books while we were there and then we headed out into the drenching rain!

Next up was lunch time, so we flew through the McDonald's drive thru. Okay, we didn't fly, we actually had to wait for like 5 minutes in the grill parking for the kids Chicken McNuggets! I wasn't in a rush, but I did want to get it quickly. I admit, it's not the most healthy of lunches, but it was quick and the kids LOVE it every once in awhile. We then took it home to eat it, so again into the pouring rain we went! Below is what Christopher eats---a 6piece Big Kids meal and then an extra 4 piece! He's our big guy! Even Anneli eats a lot, she can polish off a 6piece Big Kids meal too!





After eating, the kids played together for awhile and then we were off into the damp mist to Meme's house. By the time we got there it was pouring AGAIN! So we ran from the car to the garage into the soaking rain! The kids LOVED it. While visiting, the kids and I played the Lolly Pop Game. It's an old game from 1981! Anneli won, Christopher came in second and I lost. The rest of the day was spent playing at Meme & Pepe's house. Anneli played tea party--of course, and Christopher drew plans for construction and then built what he drew with blocks. Definately Shaun's little engineer! Shaun was the "Building Inspector" when he got home! Super job Christopher, we are so proud of your creativity!! :) Christopher also read a book to us about Pets and then he made up a poll with pictures of everyones favorite animals. I've never gone through so much paper, he's always writing and drawing!!
When Pepe came home, the kids climbed up on his lap and they read a story together before dinner. They LOVE to read! Then it was supper, they got ready for bed, and fell asleep in the car on the way home! What a busy, rainy day! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a great way to spend a rainy day.
Library, McDonalds, grandparents... awesome.
And your kids are great eaters! There is something about McDonald's food. My kiddos aren't real big eaters, but they eat the most when it's McD's chicken nuggets and fries.
Maybe I should just buy chicken nuggets and feed them to my kids twice a week.
So thanks for the good ideas of what to do in CT when it's raining.