Monday, September 8, 2008

Our Weekend

This weekend was FINALLY not a busy one! It was nice to be home and just hang out with Shaun and the kids. Friday night we went out to dinner as usual. The kids were exhausted after a long first week of school. Anneli fell asleep at the restaurant and Christopher fell asleep on the way home! To be little again!!!

Saturday was nice, we woke up with no alarms set. Shaun made his super yummmy blueberry pancakes. I love them, but everytime we have them I keep thinking that's one less bag of blueberries in the freezer! UGH! I started with 12 bags in the freezer and now I have only 5 bags left! I guess next year I'll have to pick MORE! After breakfast we got ready for our day and headed out to the pharmacy to get the Christopher's inhaler. Fun, fun, fun! Then we headed over to Meme & Pepe's house where the kids LOVE to hang out. We had Anneli's favorite for lunch--sandwiches from the tech-school that Pepe works at! She was very excited! We had a relaxing day visiting with Meme, Pepe and of course Lily the dog! The kids love the dog and the dog LOVES the kids too! We took a ride to the dollar store. Anneli loves the workbooks there. She bought two of them and just about finished them both that afternoon!

In the evening, we left and headed to the grocery store. I hate grocery shopping and to make it even worse, the torrential downpours of Tropical Storm Hannah started while we were inside. On our way from the store to the car we all got SOAKED! The kids were laughing the whole time. They couldn't believe that we all--Shaun and I included--go so wet! Defintely a fun moment! Then we came home, put the groceries away and enjoyed a quiet evening watching television and snacking on grill cheese sandwiches and popcorn. While we were watching television, Christopher heard that there was a tornado warning just south of us. He has read and watched some documentaries on tornados and so we ended up sleeping on the futon in the basement, just in case! It was a LONG, LONG night! :)

Sunday I awoke bright and early so we could get ready and go to church--Oh how I hate the alarm clock... I've had a busy few weeks at church, last week I had my newsletter to distribute and a talk in Sacrament and this week, I taught Relief Society, the Women's Auxilary at church. Boy was it a relief when it was done! I get so nervous getting up in front and having everyone staring at ME! I survived though! Next week it's helping in Nursery! Never a dull moment! After church we zoomed off to dinner at my parents house. We had yummmy steak, summer squash, and the BIGGEST sweet potatoes that you ever did see! YUMMM! Shaun ended up heading to the office to get some work done and the kids, my mom and I ended up going outside with the kids. They love to swing, jump on the trampoline, and ride their John Deer Gator when they are at my parents house. When Shaun got back from the office, we had dinner and took a ride to look at new cars at a car dealer. On our way back to Meme and Pepe's house we stopped and took a walk around a swamp off of route 6. It was a nice little walk with the family.

Can you believe I didn't take any pictures this weekend!? Usually I seriously take hundreds!There are a few on Shaun's cell from our little walk around the swamp, I'll have to upload them when he gets home.
That was pretty much our weekend. Finally a quiet and relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I loved hearing about your weekend. And it's ok to forget your camera occassionally.
I've done it often enough.

Sarah said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you...
I really enjoyed your lesson.
I was able to catch the last 15 min or so of it, and it was really good. Made me think. And try to be better.
Thanks.

Well, I'll see you in Nursery next week.