Monday, November 3, 2008

Our Halloween Weekend Review!

Let's see...our weekend...well, it was just as busy as usual!

Friday started out with Christopher getting out of school at 3:30pm. Anneli, or should I say 'Dorothy', and I went to pick Christopher up and then rushed him home where he and I quickly changed into our Halloween costumes. He was 'Luke Skywalker' and I was the 'Wicked Witch'. Then we jumped in the car and made it to the Town Recreation Centers Halloween Party before 4pm. We watched the annual magic show waiting for the Costume Parade down the center of town. Fun, fun, fun!
Then we went home to meet up with Shaun, who got home a little earlier than usual. (Not really, but 5:15pm is pretty early for him!)

The kids quickly ate before heading off Trick-or-Treating with Dad and Aunt Valerie. I stayed home and handed out candy to the kids who came around our neighborhood. At one point I got a little nervous, here's what happened. I heard a car door, so I peeked out the front door. A car had parked going the wrong way in front of my house. The car was an old Crown Victoria--sort of like an unmarked police car with an antenna and large mirror on the side. Anyways, the guy inside got out, in full army fatigues. Okay it's Halloween...He went to his trunk, opened it, and pulled out the biggest gun! Thank goodness it was Halloween, right? Then he closed the trunk and laid the gun on the trunk and grabbed a black hat/face mask out of his pocket and put it on. He then grabbed the gun and attached it to his fatigues and stood in the road for a few seconds... Even though it was Halloween, I'll admit it freaked me out a bit! I locked the door and called Shaun to see where he was...it was all good, it was funny because Shaun and I saw the guy later and it was a little freaky. The gun looked so real!After the kids were Treated out, we dashed off to my parents house where the kids went with Aunt Val to a few additional houses in their neighborhood. Then we dumped out and inspected all the kids loot, had a few treats, they brushed their teeth, got into jammies and we went home. Luckily, they fell asleep on the way home!

Saturday was a crazy day. The kids started off with swimming lessons at 10am. Christopher and Shaun then ran to his LAST Soccer game! YIPPPEE!--sorry! I met them after Anneli's swimming lesson--without Anneli. Anneli went with Memere, Pepere and Aunt Valerie to Massachusetts to visit Grandma Fox. After Christopher's soccer game he had a Pizza/Awards Ceremony. He was pretty excited to get a Medal and a Trophy! Super cool!Right after the Pizza Party, we jumped in the car and headed off to Massachusetts to catch up with my cousin Laurie who is up from Georgia and Soup Mem & Ray and Aunt Donna & Uncle Jim who came to Massachusetts as well. It was great to see you all! I didn't take too many pictures, but here are a few.
Luckily Sunday was a little more quiet. Christopher had a talk in his Children's Class at Church, about how he is thankful to be a beloved Child of God. He read it all by himself and did a fabulous job! We are proud of you Christopher! Then we spent the rest of the day with Memere, Pepere and Aunt Valerie. What a fun weekend! :)

No comments: