Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Anneli's Obsession....

"I want a real live Kitty."Add Image

Anneli petting 'Chino', Grandpa & Nancy's cat.

Here is Anneli's reasoning about getting a 'real live kitty':

"I want a soft, white kitten. (Shaun always says, "you have white kitty".) I want a 'real live kitty' 'cuz it's really soft and it's so really cute. It's also cuddly. Please can I have a kitty with white fur?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor Anneli. All she talks about is getting a 'real live kitty'. She talks about it CONSTANTLY. Everyday, from the moment she gets up to the moment she goes to bed she talks about getting a real live kitty. If the decision was up to me, and I'm not a big cat fan, I'd probably just let her get one. However, Shaun is the one who doesn't seem too keen on having animals--other than our goldfish, Thunder & Lightning. What kind of childhood pet is a fish!? The kids need something they can pet, cuddle with and take care of. Heck, when I was growing up, I had a dog, a cat, 2 birds, guinea pigs, a pony, cows. Did you have pets growing up? What kind of pets did you have?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on Shaun The kids need a pet!!!
A Cat would not be bad! Just make sure it is a girl one. Boy Cat's pee around!

Sarah said...

Oh, I so sympathize with your situation.
Matt & I don't like (and are allergic to) cats & dogs, but the kids ask for a real kittycat all the time.
We've got a firm (though mine is getting shaky) stand on no pets of that sort.
And I'm considering a goldfish or two.
But then we agree with you that goldfish aren't really super fun pets. No walks, or cuddles, or even patting. I was gonna write petting, but that sounded wrong.
;)
So yeah, whaddya do?
And when I grew up, we had at least one dog and one cat at all times. We even had a bunny, several cockatiels, and a hamster or two.

So what can I say?
Maybe you can wait until they're a bit older and more responsible, so they'll actually take care of the pet(s).
It's a lot of work, maintenance, money, etc to have a real live pet (besides a goldfish).

At any rate, good luck.