Monday, February 23, 2009

What a Week It Has Been!

It's with mixed emotions that I sent Christopher off to school this morning. I like spending time with the kids during school vacations, but then I'm glad to see them go off to school, giving me a few minutes to relax! School Vacation weeks are ALWAYS so crazy around here.

On Thursday (2/19) my mother, Christopher, Anneli and I treked down to Mystic to explore Mystic Aquarium. (A family favorite place to go!) We hadn't seen the white sided dolphins that are visiting from Shedds Aquarium in Chicago yet so we had to go check them out! My Christopher is obsessed with whales, dolphins and any other creature that lives in the ocean so whenever he gets a chance to go to an aquarium he jumps at it! We all had a blast and can't wait to visit again! Take note, that each kid has a notebook and are taking notes as they go from exhibit to exhibit!! My little geeks! :)
On our way home we stopped off at Lenny and Joes Fish Tale for more seafood--remember, we ate there with Valerie for her Birthday on the 10th! Yummy!
On the way home I started to get a massive headache, so we skipped the Outlets and just went home. Everyone knew I must be feeling pretty ikky because I would NEVER skip shopping! I came home and stayed on the couch or in bed until Saturday!

On Friday afternon, my mom came and picked up the kids. Thanks mom for rescuing the kids from doing crafts all day! They had a great day! They went to McDonald's in Southington where they have the Playland for the kids to climb in. Then they went to Anneli's favorite store, "The New Target" in Southington. Later that evening my parents took them to Christopher's favorite ice cream store, Pralines, before dropping them off at home--just in time for bedtime! Thanks again Mom and Dad you guys are the best!

This weekend, we pretty much just hung out together. I was still a little dizzy, so I was trying to take it easy.

There was Cub Scout NASACAR NIGHT though. What is Nascar Night, you ask? Each Den has worked hard this past month designing and creating a 'Cardboard Nascar Car' to race. So Nascar Night is the night where each Den races their 'Cardboard Race Cars' around the gym. Pepe came to watch Christopher and his friends race around the gym! Way to go guys! Thanks for coming Pepe!

This Sunday was a special day at church. We had the opportunity to enjoy a special visit from the President of the Church, President Thomas S. Monson and his wife, Sister Monson from Salt Lake City, UT. {CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS.} He was here for his great-granddaughter's baptism, who is in our ward, and spoke to us in our Sacrament Meeting. We've had the opportunity to see him speak a few times now (or give him high fives) since being in this ward. How awesome it is to have our dear Prophet visit and listen to his voice in person in our own very chapel.
As President Monson was leaving, he shook hands with a few members of the Congregation. He asked Christopher and Anneli for a high five. Christopher thought that was cool, because I would never have let him give someone a high five in the chapel--but since it was the President of the Church, I guess it's okay!!

What a great way to end a busy week!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a wonderful trip to Mystic Aquarium. We've never been, but now I really want to go.

But I'm wondering something...
how did you add that link for learning more info on the church?
I totally want to be able to do that (when applicable), but I don't know how.
Lemmie know when you get a chance.