Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring Surprise!!

Today was the first day of Spring, and Christopher didn't have school, it was a Professional Day for teachers, so off we went on a trip! We headed off to Mystic Aquarium again! It's one of Christopher's favorite places to go, since he wants to work with sea animals when he grows up. Mystic wasn't really my plan for the day, but before Shaun left for work he asked me my plans and said he'd be able to meet us at noon at the aquarium. Super fun! I knew the kids would be sooooo very excited!!

The kids got up as usual, we all showered and got dressed. Then we met Memere at a super dangerous new bookstore--75% off publishers prices, need I say more! (If you live nearby in Central CT, you have to check out the new Bargain Bookstore in the Connecticut Commons plaza, where Linens & Things used to be!) It's another one of the Christopher and Anneli's favorite places to go! They both LOVE to read! Definately my children!

After over an hour in the bookstore, we had a quick lunch with Memere at McDonald's and then began the trek to Mystic. We got there about 12:30pm and luckily Shaun wasn't waiting! We went in and sat by the Belugas watching them playfully swimming in circles. The kids were mesmerized. I enjoyed watching them and listening to Christopher tell me tons of wonderful facts about them. That's my little book worm! :) Then my phone rang and who was there beside us watching Belugas too...?


Shaun/Daddy! The kids, and I, were so happy that he was there! It was a great family day at the aquarium!
After a few hours at the aquarium, Shaun had to go back to work. We stayed a bit longer and then back into the car we went. We grabbed a snack and then off to Rocky Neck Beach we went! The kids had a blast walking along the windy beach and collecting shells to bring home.
It was pretty cold, especially for the first day of Spring, but it was beautiful!

No comments: