Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I knew this time would come...

Today, Christopher said to me rather carefully as we were dusting his Thomas the Train Collection, "Mom, I think I'm growing out of them." Even though I knew it, it stung a little. My baby boy is growing up... It's hard to believe that he'll be "6" on December 24th. This will be the first Birthday and first Christmas where Thomas the Train 'stuff' won't be on the list. We'll keep the train table up for now, since Anneli plays with it from time to time, but eventually it'll be packed away as memories of his childhood...

3 comments:

The Mansfields said...

:( This is sad. Christopher you can't grow up! Every time we see any Thomas The Train thing we think of you. We remember when you were a baby; before you could walk you would creep your way around that train table like you have been doing it for years. We have some great memories of you and Cole playing trains together.
We love you Christopher, We are so proud of the young man you are becoming.
Love,
Aunt Jess & Uncle Nick

Rae said...

Oh so sad!! Just as my little guy is starting with Thomas yours is all done. Christopher has quite a collection!

Lady Di said...

How grown up of Christopher to say that and also a little sad. At least Anneli can enjoy it for a little longer.