Saturday, November 29, 2008

Did You Miss Us?!

I can't believe I haven't posted in over a week--except our Thanksgiving Thursday of course!! What a week we had! I started out not feeling good last weekend. Just a cold, but they can kick your butt and last forever! I wish I could say that we had a boring week away from Blogging, but it sure wasn't boring around here! Here are some highlights...


On Friday, November 21st, Christopher lost his first front tooth! It was late evening and Christopher and Anneli were playing nicely on the computer together while I was watching the news. Then all of a sudden I heard screaming and Christopher was running down the hallway. He came to me and his mouth was all blood! I noticed right away that one of his front tooth was GONE! He was laughing at this point as he told me that he was going to bite his sister, but had bit her Christmas necklace she was wearing instead and his tooth came flying out! Ha--he deserved that one!
The Tooth Fairy came to our house that night and brought a Susan B. Anthony dollar coin and a coin from Bermuda. Super fun!


Let's see...Thanksgiving Week...

On Tuesday, I went shopping to one of my favorite stores, AC Moore to pick up some stickers for Shaun and Christopher's Cub Scout Den Meeting. They were going to make Holiday Mail for Heroes who are abroad this holiday season. Anyways, I didn't spend much, about $10 to be exact. As usual, I didn't have any cash on me so I pulled out my Check Card. Much to my surprise it was REJECTED! I couldn't understand why! I knew there was plenty of money in our account! I called Shaun, he thought it was because he just activated his new card the day before and maybe mine expired too. I wasn't too sure so I went home and looked up our account online! ALL our money, and more was GONE--or should I say being held on a Mastermoney hold! I called the bank and they told me that there were multiple transactions made that very day at a Home Depot in Ohio in the process of being cleared. What?! They weren't our transactions. To make a long story short, someone in Ohio was using a fake card (since we had both our cards in CT!!)with our Check Card Account numbers on it! They made three nice purchases and we paid for them! UGH! The bank wasn't too helpful about the whole thing, but Shaun got paid the next day so we were all set as long as the crooks couldn't get back into our account and wipe us out again. So our account was frozen for the entire holiday weekend. It's terrible not being able to get money out of your account, except through a teller! I miss my Check Card!!!


The rest of the week was pretty quiet. I was just getting over my cold and was pretty worn out, so we cleaned the house and baked pies for Thanksgiving later in the week. Anneli had a blast helping Aunt Valerie and I with Thanksgiving pies.

Apple Pie


Pumpkin Pie

Aunt Val's Lemon Meringue Pie

Can't forget the Rice Krispie Treats for Christopher!

Stay tuned for our Thanksgiving Day update!

No comments: